Friday, April 27, 2007
It's been awhile since i posted pics of food on my blog.. so this is gonna be a foodie entry!
The sweet and thoughtful bf treated me to Carousel at Royal Scotts on Plaza yesterday. :)
I have, obviously, been wanting to go ever since they've been renovated and re-named from Cafe Vienna to Carousel. I keep hearing bad reviews abt it though.. pple keep saying Hyatt's Straits Kitchen is way wayyy better.
Verdict? Not that bad after all..

Mebbe it's becuz we were expecting the worse but the food was really not that bad to me. Can't really compare it to Straits Kitchen coz they serve different types of food.

Straits Kitchen is more of the local fare whereas Carousel has an international buffet.

No matter how hard i tried though, i simply cannot stomach the cold seafood. I like things well cooked, not raw. So we definitely had to give this a miss.

My favourite part? The desserts! Simply syok! Unlike SK's nyonya desserts, Carousel has the much better variety of desserts. I'm a dessert person, so i enjoyed this part tremendously. *burp*

And of coz, they had my very favourite bread pudding drenched in vanilla sauce. Yum~ (I had 2nd helpings for this one!)
All in all, not a total loss.. but value for money mebbe not so much. There's only so much a person can eat after all..

Love :)
Oh.. tonight, we indulged ourselves in somemore desserts.

He's got a Haagen Daaz voucher so off we went!

My Macadamia Nut Crunch.. super yummy!

His Cookie crumble..

Enticing swirls of cookies and ice cream.. :)
Ok i'm done.. think i'm gonna stay away from the weighing machine for awhile.. heh
