<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/6652728?origin\x3dhttp://diva-liciouz.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Simply Divaliciouz

Sunday, February 26, 2006

10:09 PM | | Email

I had a lot of fun at my team lead's place last nite. She invited us over for BBQ and specifically told me that she wld be ordering halal food too in case i dun feel comfortable eating the BBQed food, none of which included pork. Which of coz, i'm grateful for coz i dun feel comfortable eating the BBQed food even though they consist of mostly seafood and chicken wings.

Never before have any colleagues in my previous jobs made me feel so comfortable and welcome.

So while they ate the chicken wings, i ate the halal satay and otah2 that she ordered. While some of them drank wine, i drank the non-alcoholic sparkling juice along wif some others who were driving. While they played cards using money, i played using peas. So when i win or lose, i onli win or lose peas. =)

The best part is, i did not have to request (which wld have made me uncomfortable) or explain in detail for any of the above. It was like an automatic reaction. "Rasyidah, these are the halal foods that i ordered." "Rasyidah, nah ur non-alcoholic sparkling juice". "Rasyidah, cannot gamble, wait u dosa! U use these peas k". :P

I wld attribute this mostly because my team lead along wif another team member of mine are both baba (chinese peranakan), and another 2 are from M'sia. Which explains why they are so well tuned to a Muslim's practices. I'm so touched lah reallie coz they go out of their way to make me feel like i blend in.

When i first started, i was a bit concerned about the fact that i was the only Malay. I was afraid of being left out. I mean how often can u say that ur colleagues completely understand ur religious restrictions?

I have to say, i'm blessed to have such understanding colleagues. I dun want to jinx it or anything lah, but for now, i do feel blessed.

Oh and guess wat? They're cam-whores too! :P

Image hosting by Photobucket
Ivan, Kelly, Mel, Me, Bam (team lead) & Sam

Oh have i mentioned how absolutely fabulous her place is? It's 4 storeys. The fourth storey is a rooftop. Which is where the BBQ took place. Is that cool or what? And i am absolutely in love with her 17-yr-old daughter's bedroom. Sooo what i would want as my bedroom. I even told her, can i sleep over tonite?

Oh and this lamp of hers, totally reminds me of the Samar Cafe lamp..

Image hosting by Photobucket
Dun u agree?

Overall it was a truly enjoyable nite out in, with loads of fun and laughter. Somethin i reallie needed this week.

About

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Mail me